Douglas Farah is the president of national security consulting firm, IBI Consultants, and a Senior Visiting Fellow at National Defense University's Center for Complex Operations. He is an award-winning journalist and author of two critically acclaimed books.
About Douglas Farah
In 2001, as West Africa Bureau Chief for the Washington Post, Mr. Farah broke the story of al Qaeda's ties to the West African diamond trade. In 2004, he worked with the Consortium for the Study of Intelligence, studying armed groups and intelligence reform. Read more...
Mr. Farah specializes in research, writing and training on transnational criminal organizations and armed groups and their affect on states and corruption; terrorism, terror finance and proliferation; and, illicit financial flows. Go to Publications and Congressional Testimony...
"Farah's drum-tight presentation of evidence to substantiate his allegations will be difficult to dispute, and his stark and straightforward writing style makes this book hard to put down." -- Publishers Weekly Go to Douglas Farah's Author Page at Amazon.com...
For further information on Douglas Farah, his writings and Congressional Testimony, visit IBIConsultants.net.
- Maduro's Last Stand: Venezuela's Survival Through the Bolivarian Joint Criminal Enterprise May 23, 2019
- Turmoil in the Western Hemisphere: The Role of the Bolivarian Joint Criminal Enterprise in Latin America's Unrest (William J. Perry Center for Hemispheric Defense Studies, National Defense University) March 27, 2020
- PRISM Journal of Complex Operations, NDU Press: Extra-Regional Actors in Latin America: The United States is not the Only Game in Town March 11, 2019
- A Strategic Overview of Latin America: Identifying New Convergence Centers, Forgotten Territories, and Vital Hubs for Transnational Organized Crime January 30, 2019
- The MS 13 Transnational Gang in Honduras and El Salvador: A Growing Tier One Threat March 23, 2018
- Go to More Publications